Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Where did all the polarity go?

Recently, I was working on my driving addiction to always make the most of my time using a technique where the polarities surrounding an issue and pondered. Similar to Ecclesiastes.

Can I welcome my desire to make the most of my time?
Can I welcome my resistance to making the most of my time?

Like some monkish mantra going round and round, and round and round. On the ride I began to realise that my desires aren't binary, either here or not, but they have depth and layers, and there are many and varied emotions associated with each part.

As I found freedom I also found myself feeling grateful for polarity and the ability to free mind and spirit. I also felt sad as I realised that so much Christian dialog discards the inherent polarities in truth and, in its attempt to be perfect and control and change the world, freedom is renounced and replaced with the deception of certitude.

2 comments:

bruced said...

I thought you said "poultry"... hehehe

DangerMouse said...

Lao Tzu is a bit of a master isn't he? I love that book.

As for the absolutes I was chatting with someone last night, and she pointed out that without both sides you go off on one.

This is getting me thinking so will blog... ;o) DM