Friday, June 24, 2005

Spheres of Influence

The arrogance of yesterday's post struck me. I had originally wanted to include a dilbert cartoon but didn't figure how to upload and link it. So the post was a touch inaccessable and I felt I was being arrogant.

As I was trying to figure out how to backtrack, my mind wandered and I came to the conclusion that living life well is probably much more difficult than solving the most complex of mathematical equations that I could encounter professionally.

As an example my heart resonated with Prodigal Kiwi's recent post NEW SCIENCE, NEW URBANISM, NEW ARCHITECTURE, SPIRITUALITY? A day later I wonder if the author's life is as artistic as the dream he portrays.

I may never know the about that author but I do know for myself that I can create a beautiful life first and see how big I can make it. I can't do anything else but I so want to.

I want the significance of being a Voice. But this is just one man's trail at the moment. Maybe it will become the trail of two, than maybe a family, then add some friends, and who knows one days I'll be a great influence like Budda, Christ or Mohammed changing the lives of countless millions. Dreams. Need for significance.

Maybe one day but in all likelihood not. In the meantime I will work on my own issues, the first on my list today is a fear of being truely honest and open...

1 comment:

Hacksaw Duck said...

We all struggle with the "significance" thing. Our culture is so achievement-oriented that we project it on our spiritual life. Certain parts of the church only fan the flames by idolizing preachers who can fill stadiums, or Christian celebrities who get noticed. I keep coming back to Jesus' declaration that the one who gives a child a cup of water in his name will by no means lose a reward.