Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lust for Power II

I’m presently figuring out what church means to me. I went out the other day with some Christian friends. We had a lovely time just living life together for an evening – very in the moment. Something I have time and energy for.

Also we’re figuring out where to live. I remember admonitions from pastors that you *should* consider what church you’re going to go to when you move. Something that in the past was high on my priority list.

So thinking of moving somewhere else and enjoying the community of believers I was wondering about my long lost ambition of church planting – going somewhere and forming a community of believers – a community of love.

I remember the folks that used to attend church planting conferences. It always seemed about taking the city for Christ , or making an impact – the means was love, the end was selfish ambition.

No interest.

I wonder, would it be possible to form a community that grows in relationship and love letting go of the arrogant lust for power that destroys the very kingdom that we would like to build?

At the moment, here and now, I just wonder.

No comments: