Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Gospel of authenticity

Another of my Gospels, and one that promises freedom to an achievement oriented personality (see Enneagram type Three).

Basically my whole life has been impacted by my need to please people to avoid being shamed by them and the belief that I can better myself. Similar ideas, however one flows out of wholeness and the other out of brokenness.

The awful thing is that the growth from the bettering yourself is used by the avoid shame mechanism. See http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/d/3.asp about 5/8th of the way down under "The Levels Of Development" for a fuller description.

So you become a slave to your own success. :o(

The only way out of this loop is to embrace authenticity - to be totally transparent. You can then be all you can be and not be a slave to your success. People know where they stand with you.

Redemption by deliberate character transformation. Hmmm. Has anyone said this before?

No comments: