Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Responsibility

Wow I'm back after years.

I read this "I am not responsible for how a person treats me. I can only influence how a person feels towards me. The way a person acts towards me has nothing to do with me... It says nothing about me...".

I want to add to it - I can choose to be responsible for how another treats me. Ultimately there is some action I can take that will totally change their behaviour towards me.

One the other hand I think it true to say is that I can have a sense of worth in the face of someone mistreating me.

Although the impact of another on us is palpable - consider a person being lynched at the hands of the Klu-Klux-Klan. They could cry out "Freedom" in a manner similar to Mel Gibson in the film Brave Heart. But even someone that self-expressed I bet would be even more self-expressed in the audience of their cheer-leaders.

Eyes Wide Open - DM

No comments: