Monday, February 06, 2006

A change of scenery

Life has been changing a lot for me. A new girlfriend. Some new focuses.

I’m not going to sign off, but I have come to an end of what I needed from interacting here. I have grown by being stretched of the process of writing and engaging with the opinions of others. I have broken through my theological limiting beliefs and have a new perspective on it all.

So that means that my focus of contribution has changed. I am more engaged with those immediately around me. And for the moment I have give up many fond attachments in order to give my best to the most important areas of life. For me this year that means:

1) ensuring that I have a clear vision and plan for the upbringing of my two boys,
2) cultivating friendship and healing in the wounds of my divorce,
3) learning to make money by trading,
4) and fully engaging and committing to having a passionate relationship.

This year is a year to grow in masculinity, spirituality and love. To give what I am on this earth to give and expand into the person who can achieve all this and more.

I have three weeks of intense personal development lined up, and some tough goals in between. For the first time in my life I am setting myself real challenges. And I am already confident that I will meet them.

My girlfriend, in the words of a mutual friend looks ridiculously amazing, she is so loving, so growing and inspires me to be more than I am. She, just by her very presence, sets me a high standard to live by. I love that profoundly.

So that means unfortunately I won’t be contributing here in the way I have. I know that I’ll be missed in the same way that I felt loss at others to had to leave this space, but I take with me into the world many gifts I was given here by other bloggers. So thank you to all. Especially Jeff, Dorsey, Eddie and Bruce. There are many others who have stretched me, and you know who you are.

Acceptance and peace to you all

DM

3 comments:

bruced said...

Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to hearing more about life in DMland. Glad you're doing well. Glad you are happy.

Unknown said...

"So that means that my focus of contribution has changed. I am more engaged with those immediately around me. And for the moment I have give up many fond attachments in order to give my best to the most important areas of life."

Well said, my friend. This is as it should be. I wish you well.

DangerMouse said...

Thank you guys. It pains me that we don't live in closer geographic proximity. If you're ever in London we can try and break the illusion that we get on by hooking up... <grin>... just kidding... seriously I am a little awed by the fact you guys noticed and responded to this post. Take care. We shall no doubt happen into each other from time to time... in the meantime much acceptance and peace to you... DM